FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13th
Registration & Pavilion Party
3 PM-7 PM
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14th
Weigh In 1 PM-3 PMTrophies & Raffles 4 PM
Do you need help locating a guide?
Check out Coastal Bend Guides Association
October 14th, 2023
1. WAIVER: All entrants must read and sign a waiver form to confirm their understanding and following of all rules
and stipulations of this tournament & the tournament venue.
2. All fishing areas must be available to the general public
3. All Texas Parks & Wildlife laws apply
4. Any entrant cited for a TPWD infraction will be automatically disqualified
5. All fish must be taken by rod and reel only
6. BAIT: all live, dead, & artificial allowed
7. LAND-BASED FISHING: not allowed
8. WADE FISHING: allowed ONLY if area fishing was accessed by boat
9. JETTIES: No fishing outside of the jetties or past the end of the jetties
10. All fish weighed in must have been caught by team members fishing from the same boat. No borrowed fish.
11. No holding or blocking off any fishing areas by any individuals
12. 1 pole per angler allowed in the water at a time.
13. THIS IS A POKER TOURNAMENT: Each team may enter only one category. You can choose which category your Team Chip
will be entered at the time of weigh-in. Once the chip is entered, it CANNOT BE CHANGED/NO CATEGORY CHANGES.
14. TIES: Ties will be broken by the length of the fish first; if a tie remains still, then a coin toss will determine the winner.
This same method applies to the Stringer Category. The sum of all fish for Stringer.
15. WEIGH-IN TIME: Team chips MUST be placed in chosen categories by a team member NO EARLIER than 1 PM
and NO LATER than 3 PM at the Weigh-in location. NO EXCEPTIONS.
16. Tournament will proceed rain or shine!
17. No scales or means of measuring will be available by weigh master or tournament members prior to the official weigh-in. The fish that you put on the scale is the fish you enter, with no changes.
18. GUIDE SERVICE: permitted only in the Guided division. The guide may not be one of your anglers & is not counted as one of your team.
19. Fish not meeting TPWD rules in measurements will be disqualified and cannot be replaced with another fish.
20. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing prior to the end of the official weigh-in. This must be done
before the last fish is officially weighed in and recorded. Protests will be given to the Tournament Director. Pen
and paper will be available at the weigh-in.
21. Weigh Master has the final ruling on all fish-related matters.
GUIDED & UNGUIDED **NO TAGGED OR OVERSIZED FISH IN ANY CATEGORY**
HEAVIEST TROUT: Within slot limit 17” – 23”
HEAVIEST REDFISH: Within slot limit 20” – 28”
HEAVIEST SLAM STRINGER: 1 Red, 1 Trout, 1 Flounder *MUST HAVE COMPLETE STRINGER TO ENTER THIS CATEGORY
MOST SPOTS: Redfish caught with the most tail spots. If # of spots are a tie, then the weight will determine the winner.
SHOULDA BEEN HERE YESTERDAY: Enter your chip in this category if you caught nothing or nothing to brag about but still want a chance to walk away with a fabulous prize. Must be present at weight-in to win.
All participants are required to sign the waiver. Please submit the original signed document at check-in:
SAPA Slam Waiver 2023.docx